An AI Enabled Quasi-Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring For Early Chemical and/or Biocontamination Detection
AI in Remote Sensing for Precision Agriculture: Enhancing Data Extraction, Mapping, and Visualization Techniques
The detailed workshop was designed to impart AI concepts related to remote sensing, aligning with the project’s objectives. It aimed to provide a comprehensive understanding of AI’s applications in remote sensing, serving as a valuable contribution to the project’s goals. Through this workshop, participants gained insights into the integration of AI techniques within remote sensing, furthering the project’s mission.
Statistics and Objectives
“AI in Remote Sensing for Precision Agriculture: Enhancing Data Extraction, Mapping and Visualization Technique”
- Date: 12 March 2023 – 15 March 2023
- Duration: 3 days
- Location: SEECS NUST Pakistan
- Format: Seminars & Workshops
- Digitalization Scale: Blended learning
- No of Participants: 40 (50% female participants were planned)
- Status: Seats reserved for BS Students (60%), MS /PhD Students (30%) Industry and Academia (10%)
- To provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the role of artificial intelligence (AI) in remote sensing for precision agriculture.
- To familiarize participants with advanced techniques for data extraction from Sentinel Hub, a leading satellite imagery platform, and its application in precision agriculture.
- To enable participants to gain hands-on experience in using Pix4D, a powerful software for aerial image processing and mapping, for precision agriculture applications.
- To explore the integration of AI and remote sensing data with geographic information systems (GIS) for effective visualization and analysis of agricultural landscapes.
- To facilitate knowledge sharing, networking and fostering collaboration among researchers, professionals, and stakeholders in the field of precision agriculture and remote sensing.
The event was designed to explore the intricate ways in which computers equipped with advanced AI technologies can assist farmers in the precise creation of maps and images for agricultural applications.
We checked how well people learned by asking them questions. We also did activities to practice what we talked about. People worked together on projects, and we asked them how they felt about the training.
We extend our gratitude to all participants, trainers, and supporters who made this training program a success.